The new National Entitlement Card carries the PASS logo - it's actually a fairly dinky hologram - which is the UK-wide recognised proof of age symbol.
What does NEC stand for?
NEC stands for National Entitlement Card (smartcards; UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NEC
We have 366 other meanings of NEC in our Acronym Attic
- National Ecology Center
- National Economic Council
- National Education Collaborative
- National Elections Commission
- National Electoral Council (various locations)
- National Electric Code
- National Electrical Code
- National Employment Council (Zimbabwe)
- National Empowerment Center, Inc
- National Energy Commission (various locations)
- National Entrepreneur Center (Orlando, FL)
- National Environment Campaign
- National Enzyme Company (Forsyth, MO)
- National Episcopal Church
- National Equestrian Centre (various locations)
- National Essay Competition (various locations)
- National Ethics Committee (various organizations)
- National Europe Centre
- National Examinations Council (Trinidad & Tobago)
- National Executive Committee (UK Labour Party)
Samples in periodicals archive:
There are 190,000 young people in Scotland who can now apply for a National Entitlement Card that will give them one third off public transport, saving them hundreds of pounds a year.
Transport Scotland is replacing local authority concessionary travel passes for the elderly with a national entitlement card.