UNITED NATIONS -- The devastating impact of recent natural disasters has led to growing realization for efficient international and national emergency response systems in handling large scale catastrophes, Pakistan's envoy to the UN said.
What does NERS stand for?
NERS stands for National Emergency Response System (Canada)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NERS
We have 21 other meanings of NERS in our Acronym Attic
- North East Regional Research Framework (UK)
- New England Ringside Radio Network
- National Estuarine Research Reserve System
- New England Roentgen Ray Society, Inc.
- New England Rugby Referees Society (est. 1967)
- Nuclear Energy Reactor Review Team
- National Emergency Response and Rescue Training Center (Texas Engineering Extension Service and National Domestic Preparedness Consortium)
- Nano Electronic Receiver Switch (Hansen Hobbies)
- National Electricity Registration Scheme (UK)
- National Emergency Response Structure
- Neutral Earthing Resistor (electricity)
- New England Regional Symposium (Emergency Nurses Association)
- New England Rug Society (Boston, MA)
- New Enhancements Request System
- New Risk Stratification (cardiovascular medicine)
- North Atlantic European Routing Scheme
- North of England Rat Society (UK)
- North of England Refugee Service (UK)
- Northeast Region Stranding Network (marine animal science)
- Northeast Resins and Silicones (Southington, CT)
Samples in periodicals archive:
NLC will provide updates as the FY 2005 budget process continues in Congress, and is working to ensure that funding to strengthen the national emergency response system is continued at the current level or increased.