NASDAQ: TSYS) said it has completed the phase one deployment of the Next Generation 9-1-1 services network for the state of Iowa, the first state in the nation to complete a statewide deployment of a National Emergency Number Association i3-compliant Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG 9-1-1) system.
What does NENA stand for?
NENA stands for National Emergency Number Association
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NENA
We have 29 other meanings of NENA in our Acronym Attic
- Nevada Equestrian Network
- New Edge Networks, Inc.
- New Energy News
- New England Network
- Nieuwe Europese Normen (Dutch: New European Standards)
- No Explanation Needed (Internet slang)
- NORAD (North American Aerospace Defense Command) Enterprise Network (US DoD)
- North East Network (India)
- Nucleo de Estudos Negros (Portuguese: Center for Black Studies; Brazil)
- Nursing Ethics Network
- National Emergency Nurses Affiliation
- Neighborhood Empowerment Network Association (various locations)
- New England Newspaper Association
- Northern Europe and North America (supercontinent)
- Northeast Nebraska Area Agency on Aging
- Near East & North African Department (Foreign & Commonwealth Office)
- New England Newspaper Advertising Executives Association (various locations)
- Non-Eosinophilic Non-Allergic Rhinitis
- Near East-North Africa Regional Agricultural Credit Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
FairPoint said the system it is installing will make Maine one of the first states in the nation to deploy a Next Generation 911 system compliant with the National Emergency Number Association standards published in June 2011.
Last week, NLC participated in a roundtable briefing hosted by the National Emergency Number Association (NENA).
Stephen Seitz, government affairs director for the National Emergency Number Association (NENA), estimates that 200 million calls are made to 911 in the U.
The program marries the OMNI-COMM Simulator System with a new Emergency Telecommunicator course from the National Academies of Emergency Dispatch (NAED) and the National Emergency Number Association (NENA).
Sonya Carius, a spokeswoman for the National Emergency Number Association based in Columbus, Ohio, said 911 call dispatchers are up against these types of frustration every day.