David Maxwell, director of the Arkansas Department of Emergency Management as well as the state's Homeland Security adviser, is the new president of the National Emergency Management Association.
What does NEMA stand for?
NEMA stands for National Emergency Management Association
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NEMA
We have 56 other meanings of NEMA in our Acronym Attic
- Nemine Contradicente (Latin: without objection)
- Nuclear Explosion Monitoring Research and Engineering
- Nemaline Myopathy 2
- Nemaline Myopathy 3
- Naperville Emergency Management Agency (Illinois)
- National Early Music Association (UK)
- National Eclectic Medical Association
- National Electrical Manufacturers Association
- National Electromatic Manufacturers Association
- National Emergency Management Agency
- National Emergency Medicine Association
- National Energy Marketers Association
- National English Merit Award
- National Environment Management Authority (Uganda)
- National Equipment Manufacturers Association (Rosslyn, VA)
- Nebraska Educational Media Association
- Nebraska Emergency Management Agency
- Nevada Emergency Medical Association
- New England Majorette Association
- New England Multihull Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
In testimony for the National Emergency Management Association, Mitigation Chair James Mullen recommended Congress change the way money is allocated under a FEMA grant program from a system that includes a competitive component to a strictly formulaic distribution among the states.
In 2004, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) gave a three-year grant to the National Emergency Management Association to pay for enhancements and to help promote both interstate and intrastate mutual aid around the country.
However, some witnesses, such as Stan McKinney, director of the South Carolina Division of Emergency Preparedness and representative of the National Emergency Management Association, expressed concern over the mandate of the proposed agency.
Conference of Mayors (USCM) National Association of Counties (NACo), National League of Cities (NLC), National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO), National Association of State Telecommunications Directors (NASTD), National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL), National Criminal Justice Association (NCJA), National Emergency Management Association (NEMA), National Governors Association (NGA), National Public Safety Telecommunications Council (NPSTC), National Sheriffs' Association (NSA) and The Council of State Governments (CSG).