Department of Labor today announced a $450,777 National Emergency Grant increment to provide re-employment services for about 184 workers affected by layoffs at six RG Steel facilities four in Ohio and two in West Virginia along with one supplier, Kinder-Morgan, located in Pennsylvania.
What does NEG stand for?
NEG stands for National Emergency Grant
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NEG
We have 47 other meanings of NEG in our Acronym Attic
- North Eastern Frontier Tract (now North East Frontier Agency; India)
- North East Field Target Association (UK)
- North East Field Trip Alliance
- Netzwerk fuer Einfrau-Unternehmerinnen (German: Network for Independent Woman Entrepreneurs)
- Norsk Epilepsiforbunds Ungdom (Norwegian Epilepsy Association Youth Group)
- North Eastern Football Union (Australia)
- New England Film and Video Festival (Boston Film and Video Foundation)
- New England Farm Workers' Council
- National Education Guidelines (New Zealand)
- National ELINT Group
- National Escort Group (UK sport)
- New Economic Geography
- New England Gas Company (Fall River, MA)
- Nippon Electric Glass
- Non-Evaporative Getter (pump)
- Northeast Groovers (band)
- New England Gas Association
- Nippon Electric Glass America (various locations)
- Nippon Engine Generator Association (Japan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The department announced that a National Emergency Grant had been made to USVI to assist the affected workers after Hovensa, the largest private employer in the U.
Labor Department said yesterday it released the remaining $868,974 of a National Emergency Grant that was awarded in 2011 to the state Department of Labor and Workforce Development.
New Hampshire's Rapid Response Team was able to provide re-employment services onsite and take advantage of a National Emergency Grant from the U.
Labor can also provide states with supplemental funding to assist TAA participants through National Emergency Grants (NEG)--discretionary awards intended to temporarily expand service capacity in response to major layoffs.
109-72), modifies the National Emergency Grants program to allow for the funding of projects outside the disaster area that provide employment opportunities for evacuees.
This was the final installment of a $20 million National Emergency Grant intended to assist spouses of military personnel assigned to the state's Hampton Roads area.
Department of Labor today awarded a $5,790,739 National Emergency Grant increment to assist with continuing cleanup and recovery efforts in New York in the wake of Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee in 2011.