He had called for a march on the National Electoral Council in the capital, Caracas, on Wednesday, and for peaceful protests around the country.
What does NEC stand for?
NEC stands for National Electoral Council (various locations)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NEC
We have 367 other meanings of NEC in our Acronym Attic
- New England, Berkshire and Western (railroad)
- Noise Equivalent Bandwidth
- North East Business EXchange
- Nanoelectronics Conference (IEEE)
- Nanyang Executive Centre (Singapore)
- Nascom Event Cancel
- National Ecology Center
- National Economic Council
- National Education Collaborative
- National Elections Commission
- National Electric Code
- National Electrical Code
- National Employment Council (Zimbabwe)
- National Empowerment Center, Inc
- National Energy Commission (various locations)
- National Entitlement Card (smartcards; UK)
- National Entrepreneur Center (Orlando, FL)
- National Environment Campaign
- National Enzyme Company (Forsyth, MO)
- National Episcopal Church
Samples in periodicals archive:
He has not yet formally filed a request for a recount with the National Electoral Council, which on Monday ratified the 50.
The demonstration erupted as the National Electoral Council (CNE) certified the victory of acting President Nicolas Maduro against his opponent Henrique Capriles, who refused to concede defeat and demanded a full recount.
With 94 per cent of the vote counted, 54 per cent had yesterday voted for the constitutional amendment, National Electoral Council chief Tibisay Lucena said.
We'll recognise the result, whatever it is, once it is announced by the National Electoral Council," he said.
63 percent for the opposition, according to the National Electoral Council.
In Venezuela, the National Electoral Council plans to spend $80.