Setting the entire discussion within the context of the globalization of production, he offers chapters on the politics-economics nexus in international relations, the historical evolution of the international economic system, North-South dialogue, frameworks for national economic development from Keynes to monetarism, the Bretton Woods monetary order, the role of OPEC in the international economic system, the debt crisis, foreign direct investment and transnational corporations in the global economy, development in Africa, and strategic planning, ([c] Book News, Inc.
What does NED stand for?
NED stands for National Economic Development
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NED
We have 100 other meanings of NED in our Acronym Attic
- New England Coastal Wildlife Alliance
- National Education Center for Women in Business (Greensburg, PA)
- New England Cold Water Divers (Halifax, MA)
- New England Conference of Young People in Alcoholics Anonymous (various locations)
- National Educational Company of Zambia
- Nadir Edulgee Dinshaw (University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi)
- Nadirshaw Edulji Dinshaw (University of Engineering and Technology Karachi, Pakistan)
- Nano Emissive Display
- NASA/IPAC Extragalactic Database
- National Elevation Dataset (USGS)
- National Endowment for Democracy (also seen as NEFD)
- National Enrollment Database
- National Examination Data
- National Exercise Division (US FEMA)
- National Eye Database (Ministry of Health; Malaysia)
- NATO Effective Date
- NetView - DECnet Interface
- Network Element Driver (computing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He commended the initiatives led by the private sector, stressing the Government's firm support for such activities to promote national economic development.
The forum shall also discuss a number of topics and issues, particularly the role of the economic media in the national economic development, investment challenges and horizons in the economic media and the media influence on development and investment attraction, as well as its role in solving the economic crisis.
Before joining the TNC in February, he led the Qadhafi regime's National Economic Development Board and was promoting privatization and liberalisation policies with the support of Qadhafi's second and most influential son Saif ul-Islam.
The fisheries and aquaculture Industry remains marginalised from the mainstream national economic development plans and we feel that this must change" said Dr Sloans Chimatiro NEPAD Agency senior fisheries advisor.
Hsu says that China has become the world's largest consumer of machine tools, and that the ECFA and implementation of China's 12th five-year national economic development plan will achieve significant benefits for Taiwan's machine-tool manufacturers.
After 30 years of reform and opening up the development, China's equipment manufacturing industry has made remarkable achievements, forming a complete range, with considerable size and a certain level of equipment manufacturing system, which made important contributions to national economic development and national defense building.