Geological Survey's National Earthquake Information Center website did not immediately show any reports that the quake was felt on land.
What does NEIC stand for?
NEIC stands for National Earthquake Information Center (USGS)
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of NEIC
We have 50 other meanings of NEIC in our Acronym Attic
- Northeast Indiana Association of Pharmacy Technicians
- New England Institute of Addiction Studies
- New England Insurance Brokers (Australia)
- North East Independent Body (charitable trust; Australia)
- New England Independent Booksellers Association
- New England Intercollegiate Baseball Association
- New England-Israel Business Council (Newton, MA)
- North Eastern Iowa Bridge to Online Resource Sharing (library consortium digital audio-book program)
- National Elevator Industry Benefit Plans (National Elevator Industry Benefit Plans)
- North Energy Island Borrow Pit (California)
- National Electronic Information Corporation
- National Energy Information Center (DOE, EIA)
- National Enforcement Investigations Center (EPA)
- Navy Expeditionary Intelligence Command (US Navy)
- Netherlands East India Company
- New England Insurance Company
- New England Intercollegiate Geological Conference
- North East Immunology Club (England)
- North East Inner City (Dublin, Ireland building plan)
- Northeast Illinois Council (Boy Scouts of America)
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to National Earthquake Information Center (NEIC), about 50 earthquakes each day, or about 20,000 a year, is recorded through seismographs.
So when RTerg uses its algorithmic tools to find a quake matching these attributes, it sends an alert to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Pacific Tsunami Warning Center as well as the United States Geological Survey's National Earthquake Information Center.
07pm BST) on Sunday, 10 miles north west of Kailua Kona, on the west coast of Hawaii Island, said Don Blakeman, a geophysicist at the National Earthquake Information Center, part of the US Geological Survey.
National Earthquake Information Center reported on its website that it registered the quake as having a magnitude of 5.
Gujarat sits atop the junction of the Eurasian, Indian, and Arabian plates, explains seismologist (earthquake scientist) Waverly Person at the National Earthquake Information Center of the U.
Geological Survey National Earthquake Information Center said the quake measured 7.