9781598571158 Early childhood literacy; the National Early Literacy Panel and beyond.
What does NELP stand for?
NELP stands for National Early Literacy Panel
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NELP
We have 22 other meanings of NELP in our Acronym Attic
- North East London Mental Health Trust
- New England League of Middle Schools
- National Education Loan Network, Inc.
- North East London Network (London, UK)
- National Education Loan Network
- Navy Engineering Logistics Office
- New England Light Opera (Lexington, MA)
- North Edinburgh Local Office (UK)
- Navy Electronic Laboratory Operating System
- Nederlandstalige Liga voor Onderwater Sport (Mechelen, Belgium)
- National Employment Law Project, Inc.
- Navy Environmental Leadership Program
- New England LAN Party (gaming group)
- New England Laser Processing (Danvers, MA)
- New Exploration and Licensing Policy (India)
- Nomovok Embedded Linux Platform
- New England Light Pollution Advisory Group
- North Eastern Locomotive Preservation Group (UK)
- National Elder Life Professionals Network
- Narrow Emission Line Region (astrophysics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Developing early literacy: Report of the National Early Literacy Panel Washington, DC: National Institute for Literacy.
A meta-analysis conducted by the National Early Literacy Panel (2008) showed that preschool and kindergarten predictors of conventional literacy correlated with future reading success and reaffirmed the necessity of acquiring phonological awareness skills as a means to facilitate literacy development.
A new report from the National Early Literacy Panel on early-reading research indicates that teaching the alphabet and letter sounds in preschool are important to later reading success, based on a meta-analysis of 500 quantitative studies.
This report, developed by the nine-member National Early Literacy Panel (NELP), bridges the large gap in the early literacy research knowledge base.
Content was also drawn from descriptions of components of emergent literacy from the extensive review of early literacy research being conducted by the National Early Literacy Panel (National Institute for Literacy, 2007) and the National Reading Panel (National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, 2000a, 2000b).
In a review of research, the National Early Literacy Panel (2008) concluded that some aspects of oral language, such as phonological awareness have substantial correlations with decoding and vocabulary and narrative discourse relate to reading comprehension.