MARAD also promotes the use of US-flag vessels, manages the Maritime Security Program, oversees the Ready Reserve Force, maintains the National Defense Reserve Fleet, and ensures a pool of highly skilled merchant marine officers and seafarers through its operation of the US Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point, NY.
What does NDRF stand for?
NDRF stands for National Defense Reserve Fleet
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NDRF
We have 15 other meanings of NDRF in our Acronym Attic
- NADPH (Nicotinamide Adenosine Dinucleotide Phosphate)-Dependent Retinol Dehydrogenase
- Natural Disaster Reference Database (NASA)
- Network for Drylands Research and Development (Gulf Cooperation Council; United Arab Emirates)
- Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities
- New Drug Research and Development (pharmacy)
- Non-Dopa-Responsive Dystonia (neurology)
- National Director of Rider Education (Gold Wing Road Riders Association)
- Natural Disaster Response Exercise
- Norwegian Defence Research Establishment
- North Dakota Renewable Energy Partnership
- National Defense Reserve Fuel
- National Design and Research Forum (Institute of Engineers; India)
- National Disaster Recovery Framework (US FEMA)
- National Disaster Relief Fund (American Red Cross)
- National Disaster Response Force (India)
- National Dysautonomia Research Foundation
- National Dyslexia Research Foundation
- Nordic Demining Research Forum (Denmark)
- Neurodegenerative Diseases Research Group (UK)
- Nonlinear Dynamics Research Group
Samples in periodicals archive:
Were that only the case in Virginia's James River, home of the National Defense Reserve Fleet, a flotilla of aging and decrepit government ships also known as the "Ghost Fleet.
The safety award is presented annually to the men and women of the National Defense Reserve Fleet with the lowest lost-time accident rate for the year.
MARAD also promotes the use of US-flag vessels, manages the Maritime Security Program, oversees an active reserve of ships in the Ready Reserve Force, maintains an inactive inventory of ships in the National Defense Reserve Fleet, and ensures a pool of highly skilled merchant marine officers and seafarers through its operation of the United States Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point, NY.
The contract was awarded by the United States Government's Marine Administration (MARAD) for the recycling of 13 redundant merchant vessels from the US National Defense Reserve Fleet.
The warships, tankers, bulk carriers and tank transporters were part of the National Defense Reserve Fleet - but lay for years unused and rusting on the river.