Davies' car was vandalized in Albany, NY on April 18, 2007, the 11th Annual National Day of Silence, for displaying a rainbow sticker.
What does NDS stand for?
NDS stands for National Day of Silence
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NDS
We have 216 other meanings of NDS in our Acronym Attic
- North Doncaster Rural Trust (UK)
- North Dorset Railway Trust (UK)
- North Devon Rail Users Group (UK)
- Non-Domestic Rateable Value (UK)
- North Dakota Rural Water Systems Association (Bismarck, ND)
- Multidimensional Systems (International Workshop)
- Nakano Driving School (Japan)
- Nalog dlya Dobavlyatelnuyu Stoimost (Russian: Value Added Tax)
- Named Data Set
- Naminoue Driving School (Okinawa, Japan)
- National Defense Stockpile
- National Defense Strategy
- National Detention Standards
- National Development Strategy
- National Dioxin Study
- National Directorate of Security (Afghanistan)
- National Disability Strategy (various locations)
- National Disposal Site
- National Dog Show (various locations)
- National Movement for Simeon II (Bulgaria; movement to install the former king as PM)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The school's Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) took part in the national Day of Silence, an annual event which protests discrimination, harassment and abuse of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender students in schools by remaining silent, yet visible in their protest.
Hanna Persson, one of the march organizers, said the event was part of a national day of silence that was meant to call attention to the obstacles faced by young people who are part of the gay community.
THE DAY OF SILENCE During April, the Gay Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) sponsors a national Day of Silence, on which students throughout the country are silent in school, to bring attention to the plight of LGBT students.
A high school principal in San Antonio seemed determined to answer that question when he chose to take his stand against immorality by banning all student participation in the National Day of Silence.
The GSA participates in many events throughout the year, such as pride parades, meetings with Queers & Allies at the University of Kansas, 'That's So Gay' Awareness events, LGBTQ History Month and the National Day of Silence.
On 2004's National Day of Silence, San Diego--area high school student Tyler Chase Harper wore a homemade shirt to school.