Provost Patrick Prendergast broke the news at a charity read-a-thon of John Milton's epic poem Paradise Lost, in which Heaney took part to raise money for the National Council for the Blind of Ireland.
What does NCBI stand for?
NCBI stands for National Council for the Blind of Ireland (Dublin, Ireland)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NCBI
We have 38 other meanings of NCBI in our Acronym Attic
- non-coincident busy hours
- North Carolina Baptist Hospital
- North Central Bronx Hospital (New York)
- Northern California Behavioral Health
- number of calls during a busy hour
- North Carolina Bear Hunters Association (Greensboro, NC)
- National Council on Bioethics in Human Research (Canada)
- National Center for Biotechnology Information (NIH)
- National Coalition Building Institute
- National Cord Blood Inventory (New York, NY)
- National Crimes Bureau of India
- North Carolina Banking Institute (est. 1996; University of North Carolina School of Law; Chapel Hill, NC)
- Norwegian Confederation of Business and Industry
- North Carolina Building Inspectors Association
- North Coast Building Industry Association (Sheffield Village, OH)
- National Center for Biodefense and Infectious Diseases (George Mason University; Fairfax, VA)
- Northern California Branch of the International Dyslexia Association
- New Cairo British International School (Cairo, Egypt)
- Narodowe Centrum Badan Jadrowych (Polish: National Center for Nuclear Research; Swierk, Poland)
- National Commercial Bank Jamaica
Samples in periodicals archive:
The ride, which will start in Llanelli, will raise money for Diabetes UK Cymru and the National Council for the Blind of Ireland (NCBI).
The National Council for the Blind of Ireland benefited by more than pounds 100,000 from the sponsored efforts of Joe and 30 others - among them three women, including RTE sports commentator Tracy Piggott - in the Blazing Saddles team.