How much more empowering it is for women religious to look at themselves in terms of their own groups: the National Coalition of American Nuns, the National Assembly of Women Religious, the Catholic social justice lobby NETWORK, the Leadership Conference of Women Religious and its counterparts in other countries--indeed to reflect on their own progress in light of other women's groups around the world.
What does NCAN stand for?
NCAN stands for National Coalition of American Nuns (est. 1969)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NCAN
We have 2 other meanings of NCAN in our Acronym Attic
- Northwest Coalition Against Malicious Harassment (Seattle, WA)
- National Certification Agency for Medical Laboratory Personnel (Lenexa, KS)
- Navy Contribution to Australian Maritime Operations (Australian government publication)
- Northern California Association of Mothers of Twins Clubs
- National Center for Advanced Materials Performance
- National Coalition Against the Misuse of Pesticides
- North Carolina Association of Mortgage Professionals (Raleigh, NC)
- Network Control Alarm and Maintenance System
- North Carolina Association Medical Staff Services
- National Catholic AIDS Network
- National College Access Network (est. 1995; college search utility)
- National Community Arts Network
- North Carolina Association of Nurserymen
- North Coast Accommodation Network (South Africa)
- North Carolina Association of Nurse Anesthetists (North Carolina, US)
- National Child Abuse and Neglect Data System
- National Capital Area Neighborhood Networks Consortium (various locations)
- Northern California Association of Neonatal Nurses (Oakland, CA)
- North Carolina Association of Nursing Students, Inc.
- National Catholic AIDS Office (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Formerly a Catholic school teacher, she now serves on the Board of Directors of the National Coalition of American Nuns.
On a related topic, the National Coalition of American Nuns has issued guidelines promoting the acceptance of homosexuality, abortion, gay 'marriage' and the adoption of children by homosexual partners.
Recent statements adopted by the National Coalition of American Nuns and other groups of religious women promote an adult vision of the church in which justice, nonviolence, conscience and inclusivity prevail.
Speaking at the 40th anniversary conference of the National Coalition of American Nuns in St.
The December, 1993, issue from the official publication of the National Coalition of American Nuns trashed Mother Teresa for being loyal to the church: "Her modus operandi reflects the church at its worst--noncollaborative, authoritarian, hierarchical and tunnel-visioned.
CHICAGO -- The National Coalition of American Nuns, a progressive group of U.
The National Coalition of American Nuns is calling on Catholics to support candidates who "recognize the right of women to make reproductive decisions and receive medical treatment according to the rights of privacy and conscience.