For years, says Kathy Redmond, director of the Denver-based National Coalition Against Violent Athletes, parents of victims at Notre Dame in particular "tell me they don't want to go against the school when they know these guys are very protected"--by students and alumni as well as administrators.
What does NCAVA stand for?
NCAVA stands for National Coalition Against Violent Athletes
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NCAVA
- Natal Coast Anglers Union (South Africa)
- National Capital Amiga User Group (Washington, DC)
- Northern California AutoCAD (Computer Aided Design) Users Group
- North Central Asphalt User Producer Group (West Lafayette, IN)
- National Center for Agricultural Utilization Research
- National Coffee Association of United States of America
- National Center Against Violence (est. 1995; Mongolia)
- Net Current Asset Value
- North Coast Athletics Volleyball (Cleveland, OH)
- Northern California Aryan Volk (white supremacy group)
- North Carolina Association of Volunteer Administration
- National Campaign Against Violence and Crime (Australia)
- National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime (FBI)
- North Central Area Vocational Cooperative (Indiana)
- Network for Calibration and Validation of Earth Observation (University of Southampton; UK)
- North Country Association for the Visually Impaired (Lake Placid, NY)
- National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs (New York, NY)
- Northumberland County Area Vocational Technical School (Coal Township, Pennsylvania)
- National Clearinghouse on Academic Worklife (student and faculty resources)
- National Commission for the Advancement of Women (Laos)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Kathy Redmond, founder of the National Coalition against Violent Athletes, announced on ESPN that "athlete violence was a serious problem.