Women who are in a physically abusive relationship might be drinking as a form of self-medication, said Rita Smith, executive director of the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence in Denver.
What does NCADV stand for?
NCADV stands for National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of NCADV in our Acronym Attic
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence - Greater Detroit Area (Detroit, MI)
- National Catholic Association of Diocesan Directors for Hispanic Ministry
- Network Centric Airborne Defense Element
- North Carolina Association for Developmental Education
- National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information
- National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty
- National Committee for AIDS, Drugs and Prostitution Prevention and Control
- National Child Abuse Defense Resource Center
- North Carolina Adult Day Services Association
- National Career Assessment Examination (Department of Education; Philippines)
- National Coalition for Aviation Education
- North Carolina Artists Exhibition (Raleigh, NC)
- North Carolina Association of Educators, Inc.
- North Carolina Adult Education Association
- North Carolina Association of Electric Cooperatives
- North Carolina Association of Environmental Education Centers
- National Collaborative Adult English Language and Literacy Strategy (Australia Department of Education)
- North Carolina Association of Educational Office Professionals
- National Council of Applied and Economic Research (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
3 million women are victims of physical assault by an intimate partner, according to the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence.
The Body Shop, the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NCADV) and the Wireless Foundation announced the launch of the second annual National Cell Phone collection.
In conjunction with the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, Merry Maids employees nationwide collected household and personal items from customers and delivered them to women's shelters in their communities.
The phone campaign is a partnership effort of Motorola, Ann Arbor, Michigan, and the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence and the Wireless Foundation (established by the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association), both of Washington, D.
Swarovski donated the proceeds from its Freedom Pin to the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NCADV).