Acacia O'Connor, coordinator of the Kids Right to Read Project of the National Coalition Against Censorship, said "Persepolis" was challenged at least once before, in 2009, by a parent in the state of Washington for being too violent and sexually charged, but the book was retained by that school district.
What does NCAC stand for?
NCAC stands for National Coalition Against Censorship
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NCAC
We have 80 other meanings of NCAC in our Acronym Attic
- National Coalition for the Advancement of Baton Twirling
- National Cadet Advisory Council
- National Capital Area Council (Boy Scouts)
- National Career Academy Coalition
- National Center for Alternative Certification (teaching)
- National Center on Accessing the General Curriculum
- National Certified Addiction Counselor
- National Childcare Accreditation Council
- National Children's Advocacy Center
- National Clean Air Coalition
- National College Advising Corps
- National Consumer Affairs Center (Japan)
- National Consumer Assistance Center (Experian)
- National Conventional Arms Control (South Africa)
- National Copyright Administration of China
- National Council of Acoustical Consultants
- Native Community Action Council
- Nepean Creative Arts Centre (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
- New Challenges for Access Control
- Nitrogen-Containing Aromatic Compound
Samples in periodicals archive:
There will be a "virtual read-out", where readers and authors will be naming their favourite-censored titles, a "50 Shades of Banned" reading of erotic literature in Manhattan, courtesy of the National Coalition Against Censorship and the Comic Book Legal Defence Fund.
18, Americans United for Separation of Church and State joined the National Coalition Against Censorship and seven other organizations in a joint letter urging the school superintendent and school board members to reconsider their decision.
Our roundtable, which Svetlana Mintcheva of the National Coalition Against Censorship collaborated with us on, (p29) brings together many artists who have been at the forefront of the Culture Wars.
Today, she continues the fight as Director of the Free Expression Policy Project of the National Coalition Against Censorship.
They do still retain some core free-speech rights in a school environment," says Gary Daniels, a spokesman for the National Coalition Against Censorship.
Now it seems this parental concern also has bred the latest form of discrimination against gay men and lesbians, according to a recent report from the New York City-based National Coalition Against Censorship.