The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) welcomes six new members to the National Advisory Council for Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
What does NCAAM stand for?
NCAAM stands for National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (US NIH)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of NCAAM in our Acronym Attic
- National Collegiate Athletic Association Football
- National Clinical Audit Advisory Group
- National Companion Animals Advisory Group
- National Centre for Aquatic Animal Health (est. 2000; India)
- North Carolina African-American Homeschoolers
- North Carolina Association for the Advancement of Health Education (Raleigh, NC)
- North Carolina Alliance for Athletics, Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (Raleigh, NC)
- National Center for African-American Leadership
- National Conference of African American Librarians
- North American Chapter of Association for Computational Linguistics
- National Coalition of African American Organizations
- North Carolina Association of Assessing Officers
- North Carolina Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- NASCAR (National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing) Community against Autopsy Photos
- National Coalition Acting for Autopsy Privacy (privacy rights organization)
- North Carolina Alternate Assessment Portfolio
- North Central Arkansas Amateur Radio Service
- NOAA CoastWatch Archive and Access System (US)
- National Collegiate Alcohol Awareness Week
- North County African American Women's Association (Oceanside, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
gov/cancertopics/cam) * The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (http://nccam.
Briggs, MD, director of the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) is funding five new research centers to study complementary and alternative approaches to HIV/AIDS, arthritis, asthma, and pain.
Today there is a National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, as well as an Office of Cancer Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
3) While funding for the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine increases each year commensurate with the multiyear doubling of the overall NIH budget, it is critical that other federal agencies charged with programs relative to health resources and services, primary care, health professions training and workforce development, consumer education, health services research and other areas be brought to bear on the important challenge and opportunity of integrative medicine.
The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) was established at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in 1998 by Congress to stimulate, develop, and support research on CAM to benefit the public (NIH, 2000a).
PA-02-132 Basic and Preclinical Research on Complementary and Alternative Medicine The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) invites applications to help stimulate the amount and elevate the quality of basic, mechanistic, and preclinical research in all domains of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) to provide a stronger foundation for ongoing and planned clinical studies.