According to Aarthi Narayanan, lead investigator of the study from Mason's National Center for Biodefense and Infectious Diseases, curcumin, found in turmeric, stopped the potentially deadly Rift Valley Fever virus from multiplying in infected cells.
What does NCBD stand for?
NCBD stands for National Center for Biodefense (George Mason University; Virginia)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NCBD
We have 1 other meaning of NCBD in our Acronym Attic
- North Coast Brewing Company (Fort Bragg, CA)
- National Collegiate Bowling Coaches Association
- North Carolina Baseball Coaches Association
- North Carolina Business Corporation Act
- National Capital Bearded Collie Club
- North Carolina Business Committee for Education
- National Coalition On Black Civic Participation
- National Council on Bible Curriculum in Public Schools (Greensboro, NC)
- New Community Baptist Church Youth Ministry
- National CAHPS Benchmarking Database
- Neutral Cluster Beam Deposition (organic electronics)
- New Comic Book Day
- Nairobi Central Business District Association (Kenya)
- Northern California Band Directors Association
- National Cooperative Bank Development Corporation (financial services)
- National Council of Building Designer Certification
- National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities (Atlanta, GA)
- National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities
- National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators
- North Carolina Board of Dietetics/Nutrition
Samples in periodicals archive:
Address for correspondence: Ken Alibek, National Center for Biodefense and Infectious Diseases, George Mason University, 10900 University Blvd, Manassas, VA 20110, USA; email: kalibek@gmu.