Solomon, an atmospheric scientist at the National Center for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colo.
What does NCAR stand for?
NCAR stands for National Center for Atmospheric Research (USA)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NCAR
We have 25 other meanings of NCAR in our Acronym Attic
- Northern California Asian Peace Officers Association (San Bruno, CA)
- Capabilities with No Sub-Fields
- National Corrective Action Prioritization System
- Naval Coordination and Protection of Shipping (US DoD)
- New Center for Advanced Psychotherapy Studies (Key Biscayne, FL)
- Non-Contact Angular Position Sensor
- National Capital Area Political Science Association (Washington, DC)
- North Carolina Association of Pharmacy Technicians (Chapel Hill, NC)
- Norfolk County Association of Parish and Town Councils (UK)
- National Commission of Air Quality
- National Conference on the Advancement of Research
- Navy Center for Acquisition Research
- Neural Control and Autonomic Regulation (physiology)
- NorCal Aussie Rescue (Auburn, California)
- North Carolina Association of Realtors
- National Center for Atmospheric Research/Research Applications Program
- Nicaraguan and Central American Relief Act
- Navy Center for Applied Research In Artificial Intelligence
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards
- National Capital Accommodation Review Committee
Samples in periodicals archive:
The first thing that happens after a rain storm is that the sun comes out and the puddles dry up," explains Kevin Trenberth, head of the Climate Analysis Section at the National Center for Atmospheric Research.
National Center for Atmospheric Research, claims the models are wrong in an article published in the American Geophysical Union Letters.
In a joint program with the city of Boulder, the Department of Commerce, the University of Colorado (UC), and the National Center for Atmospheric Research, an optical-fiber network--BRAN (Boulder Research and Administrative Network)--has been installed connecting various organizations dispersed throughout the city.
Peggy LeMone, a meteorologist at the National Center for Atmospheric Research, thinks locally.