National Board certification is a voluntary process that recognizes teachers who demonstrate accomplished teaching practice as defined by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS).
What does NBPTS stand for?
NBPTS stands for National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- New Brunswick Public Schools (New Brunswick, NJ)
- North Bay Police Service (Canada)
- North Broward Preparatory Schools (Florida, USA)
- North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit (Canada)
- Narrow-Band Phase Shift Keying (telecommunications)
- North Bay Power and Sail Squadron (North Bay, Ontario, Canada)
- N-(N-Butyl) Thiophosphoric Triamide
- Newburyport (Massachusetts)
- No Break Power Transfer
- New Brunswick Power Transmission Corporation (Canada)
- New Brunswick Public Utilities Board (Canada)
- Northern Black Polished Ware (archaeology)
- Naters Brass Quintet (Naters, Switzerland)
- National Brand Qualifier (proof of purchase)
- Network Business Quarterly
- Next Best Qualified (dog breeding and showing)
- Nitrobenzothiazolo Quinolinium (pharmacology)
- National Beef Quality Audit
- Narrow-Based Quad Cane (physical therapy)
- Narrow-Beam Quad Sector
Samples in periodicals archive:
Among specific factors that were found to be linked to higher achievement were obtaining a master's degree after some time in the classroom, high scores on subject-matter tests used for certification, and certification from the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
The purpose of this phenomenological study was to construct a description and interpretation of the standards development process of the Early Childhood/ Generalist Standards documents, both first edition and second edition, using an analysis of the actions of and interactions between committee members, professional organization representatives, and National Board for Professional Teaching Standards staff.
Using a unique journal process, she describes the steps toward certification, including understanding the qualifications, the Five Core Propositions of the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, reflective practice and the evidence of accomplishment.
The National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) is providing unparalleled leadership and innovation in the field of teaching.
Self-regulation of teaching practices is coming into its own due to the inclusion of reflective practice in the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) Standards and the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS).