Trinidadian author Elizabeth Nunez commented about the festival saying, "I've been to more than my share of literary festivals, and I've directed a national one, the National Black Writers Conference, for sixteen years.
What does NBWC stand for?
NBWC stands for National Black Writers Conference (Center for Black Literature at Medgar Evers College; Brooklyn, NY)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NBWC
- National Beer Wholesalers Association
- National Blacksmith and Weldors Association
- Negro Business Womens Association
- Nevada Beer Wholesalers Association
- North Bay Watershed Association (California)
- North Branch Watershed Association (Pennsylvania)
- North Brisbane Wrestling Alliance (Australia)
- Nurses Board of Western Australia
- Narrow Body Wide Body (aviation)
- Noord Brabantse Wandelsport Bond (Dutch: North Brabant Hiking Association; North Brabant, Netherlands)
- New Beginnings Worship Center (various locations)
- Non-Bypassable Wires Charge (utilities industry)
- Northbay Workers' Compensation Association
- Northern Beaches Wedding Expo (Australia)
- National Business Women Enterprise Network, Inc.(Dallas, TX)
- National Battered Womens Foundation
- National Blind Wallpaper Factory
- National Buffalo Wing Festival (Buffalo, NY)
- New Brunswick Wildlife Federation (Canada)
- Notice Board Wrestling Federation
Samples in periodicals archive:
Killens dies too soon, four short years after I met him, one short year after he and I worked together to organize the first National Black Writers Conference at which the venerable Maya Angelou spoke, and which I continued to direct for 17 more years, drawing on the capital Killens left behind, which brought distinguished writers to our college who had not forgotten how generously he had shared his talent and knowledge with them.
The Seventh Annual National Black Writers Conference takes place March 25 through March 27.
com 2003 National Black Writers Conference February 21 and 22, 2003 Medgar Evers College Brooklyn, NY www.
National Black Writers Conference is held every three years, or whenever a pressing issue in black writing arises.