And after an outcry from MPs over the "excessively generous" payoffs, the National Audit Office are to launch a probe.
What does NAO stand for?
NAO stands for National Audit Office (UK government)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NAO
We have 96 other meanings of NAO in our Acronym Attic
- Notice Advisory to NAVSTAR Users
- Notice Advisories to NAVSTAR (Navigation Satellite Timing and Ranging) Users
- Neighbours' Alliance of North York (Canada)
- Norwegian Artists in New York
- National Association of New Zealand Quilters (est. 1994)
- Nasal Airway Obstruction
- National Academy of Opticianry
- National AHEC (Area Health Education Center) Organization
- National Applications Office (US DHS)
- National Astronomical Observatory (Japan)
- National Authorising Officer (various nations)
- Native American Outreach
- Natural Atomic Orbital
- Naval Aviation Observer
- Négociation Annuelle Obligatoire (French: Mandatory Annual Negotiation)
- New Account Opening (various companies)
- New Age Outlaws (wrestling)
- New Anzat Order (Star Wars)
- New Associate Orientation (introductory training for new employees)
- Non-Animal Origin
Samples in periodicals archive:
Debts of municipal authorities in Bulgaria assembled in 2010 have grown with 33% with respect to 2009, according to a study by Bulgaria's National Audit Office.
Millions of pounds spent on tackling water pollution each year has had little impact and has not proved value for money, the National Audit Office say.
He also criticised regulators, such as the National Audit Office, who, he said, were affecting the BBC's ability to act in the best interests of the licence fee payer.
The National Audit Office concluded that services had barely improved over the past two decades, despite there being repeated calls for reform.
The figure is considerably higher than the pounds 18bn hit the National Audit Office calculated the taxpayer was nursing on Royal Bank of Scotland and Lloyds Banking Group shares on November 27.