30 Kyodo An international team of astronomers has spotted sugar molecules, a building block of life, in gas surrounding a young Sun-like star, according to the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan.
What does NAO stand for?
NAO stands for National Astronomical Observatory (Japan)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NAO
We have 96 other meanings of NAO in our Acronym Attic
- National Association of Nigerian Traders
- Notice Advisory to NAVSTAR Users
- Notice Advisories to NAVSTAR (Navigation Satellite Timing and Ranging) Users
- Neighbours' Alliance of North York (Canada)
- Norwegian Artists in New York
- National Association of New Zealand Quilters (est. 1994)
- Nasal Airway Obstruction
- National Academy of Opticianry
- National AHEC (Area Health Education Center) Organization
- National Applications Office (US DHS)
- National Audit Office (UK government)
- National Authorising Officer (various nations)
- Native American Outreach
- Natural Atomic Orbital
- Naval Aviation Observer
- Négociation Annuelle Obligatoire (French: Mandatory Annual Negotiation)
- New Account Opening (various companies)
- New Age Outlaws (wrestling)
- New Anzat Order (Star Wars)
- New Associate Orientation (introductory training for new employees)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Bulgaria's National Astronomical Observatory announces that in Bulgaria the transit can be seen from the moment of the sunrise on June 6 a at 5:29 am in the Black Sea city of Varna and at 5:49 am in the capital Sofia.
announced today that, in collaboration with the Hawaii Observatory of the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan, an inter-university research institute that is part of Japan's National Institute of Natural Sciences, the development of a technique for quick and accurate field measurement of the rate of "soft errors" which are erroneous operations that occur in advanced semiconductors and are caused by neutrons from a type of cosmic ray.
If the weather is good, the transit will be visible from dawn, but the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan warns against viewing the Sun with the naked eye.
For their study, Masanori Iye of the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan in Tokyo and his colleagues used a filter that selects near-infrared light corresponding to radiation emitted by hydrogen atoms in distant galaxies.
19 Kyodo Japanese astronaut Takao Doi recently found a supernova and the discovery was recognized by the International Astronomical Union, the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan said Saturday.
In 1878 the National Astronomical Observatory was established in Chapultepec Castle, then on the outskirts of Mexico City.