The legislation was inspired by a controversial report from the National Association of Scholars, completed in association with fellow conservative groups the Texas Public Policy Foundation and the Texas Association of Scholars.
What does NAS stand for?
NAS stands for National Association of Scholars
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NAS
We have 399 other meanings of NAS in our Acronym Attic
- National Advanced Systems
- National Aerodynamic Simulator
- National Aerospace Standard (Department of Defense)
- National Aircraft Standard
- National Airports System (Canada)
- National Airspace Study
- National Airspace System
- National American School
- National Archives of Scotland
- National Arts Strategy (various organizations)
- National Association of Seadogs
- National Asthma Survey
- National Audubon Society, Inc.
- National Autistic Society (UK)
- National Automation Services (Nevada)
- Native American Spirit
- Natural American Spirit (tobacco brand)
- Natural and Applied Sciences (various universities)
- Naval Air Squadron (UK)
- Naval Air Station
Samples in periodicals archive:
Peter Wood, president of the National Association of Scholars, supported the vast majority of SBE research, but said that a small portion of the research is politicized and should be eliminated.
In the poll, commissioned by the National Association of Scholars, business and accounting majors represented 14 percent of the sample and less than 2 percent of the respondents were attending California universities.
The foundation also bankrolls the Hudson Institute, a conservative think tank, and the National Association of Scholars, an organization of conservative college professors.
At a meeting of the National Association of Scholars, for instance, an organization official introduced an eminent physicist by saying, "He works on quarks, whatever those are" - a statement equivalent to saying, "He works on T.