But the National Association of Probation Officers (Napo) and public service union Unison hit out at the proposed reforms.
What does NAPO stand for?
NAPO stands for National Association of Probation Officers (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NAPO
We have 16 other meanings of NAPO in our Acronym Attic
- Native Access Program to Nursing (Canada)
- National Alliance of Professional Nanny Agencies
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Associates and Practitioners
- National Association for Practical Nurse Education and Service
- No Acceptable Price - No Contract
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners
- National Admissions and Placement Office (Abu Dhabi)
- National Anti-Poverty Organization
- National Association of Pizzeria Operators
- National Association of Police Organizations, Inc. (USA)
- National Association of Professional Organizers
- Netherlands Army Post Office
- Network Abuse and Policy Observance
- North American Project Operations (Honeywell)
- National Asian Police Officers Association
- National Power Corporation (Philippines)
- National Association of Prosthetic and Orthotic Educators (est. 1917)
- National Police Commission
- National Poetry Month (also seen as NPM)
- Network Against the Politics of National Symbols (Japan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I SUSPECT that the vast majority of our staff would have been as surprised and disappointed as me at the claims by the Assistant General Secretary of the National Association of Probation Officers in the report 'Cuts in costs affect justice' (28.
The National Association of Probation Officers (Napo) said its members supported industrial action by a "massive" 83 per cent on a 45 per cent turnout.
According to the National Association of Probation Officers, hundreds of these slimeballs have already have slipped off the police's radar, leaving youngsters vulnerable to their advances.
Harry Fletcher, of the National Association of Probation Officers, said: "The size of caseloads of staff supervising sex offenders is already far too high.
Harry Fletcher, of the National Association of Probation Officers (Napo), said: "This report reflects the problems facing the Probation Service.
Mike Dunne, secretary of the Gwent and Glamorgan branch of the National Association of Probation Officers (Napo), said: "The planned cuts by the Ministry of Justice will have a significant impact on the ability of the probation service in Wales to work effectively.
Tim Wilson, of the National Association of Probation Officers, said it was wrong that BNP members could work in the profession, while Nick Kusak, of the Professional Footballers Association, said: "We cannot allow the extremists and the right to seize the initiative and take us back to the Dark Ages.