The 1,200 free clinics in the United States last year saw 8 million patients, twice as many as the year before, said Nicole Lamoureux, executive director of the National Association of Free Clinics (NAFC) in Alexandria, Va.
What does NAFC stand for?
NAFC stands for National Association of Free Clinics (Alexandria, VA)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NAFC
We have 63 other meanings of NAFC in our Acronym Attic
- National Association of Farriers, Blacksmiths and Agricultural Engineers
- National Association of Farm Business Analysis Specialists
- National Association of Former Border Patrol Officers (Odenton, MD)
- Nellis Air Force Bombing Range
- National Association for Family-Based Services (est. 1984)
- Naples Alliance for Children (Naples, FL)
- National Agriculture and Food Council (Philippines)
- National Alliance for Fair Competition
- National Association For Continence (formerly HIP: Help for Incontinent People)
- National Association of Forensic Counselors
- National Association of Friendship Centres (Association Nationale des Centres d'Amitié - Canada)
- Naval Air Ferry Command (US Navy)
- Navy Accounting and Finance Center
- North American Fishing Club
- North Atlantic Financial Corp. (Clifton, NJ)
- North Atlantic Fisheries College (Scotland)
- North Atlantic Flight Corridor
- Northern Attack Force Commander (US Navy)
- North America Freight Car Association (St. Louis, MO)
- North American Family Campers Association (Lunenburg, MA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A 2003 national liability survey of 153 free clinics conducted by the National Association of Free Clinics (NAFC) found that patients who visit free clinics actually sue less often than those of higher socioeconomic status.
Hiller, president of the Free Clinic of Greater Cleveland, is also head of the newly formed National Association of Free Clinics (there are more than 700 nationwide) that exist primarily, said Hiller, "by enjoying good local support, and managing to stay in front of the survival curve.