The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People filed a lawsuit against the governor and state officials in May in part arguing the law intentionally segregates students by race.
What does NAACP stand for?
NAACP stands for National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (Baltimore, MD, USA)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 5 other meanings of NAACP in our Acronym Attic
- National Asian American Community Foundation
- National Association Against Consumer Fraud
- North American Association of Community Hebrew High Schools
- National Association of Agricultural, Commercial and Industrial Employees
- National Associations Active in Criminal Justice
- National Association for the Advancement of Caucasian Latinos
- North American Association for Computational Linguistics (Canada)
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- North American Association for Celtic Language Teachers
- Nurses' Association of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- National Accrediting Association for Christian Schools
- National Association of Accredited Cosmetology Schools
- National Association of Air Medical Communications Specialists (est. 1989)
- North American Association for Computational Social and Organizational Science (Pittsburgh, PA)
- National Association for the Advancement of Caring Teachers
- National African American Catholic Youth Ministry Network (Louisville, KY)
- National AMED (Army Medical Department) Augmentation Detachment
- National Association for the Advancement of Dave (Letterman)
- National Association of Aluminum Distributors
- Navajo Army Depot
Samples in periodicals archive:
Advances black Americans made in recent decades are fruits of his 24 years as staff lawyer and general counsel for the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP).
2) 2000 Corporate Conscience Diversity Award from The Center for Responsibility in Business; 1997 Fair Share Corporate Award from the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP); One of Essence magazine's 2004 "Best Companies for Black Women"; Fortune magazine continually lists Denny's at the top of its survey of "America's 50 Best Companies for Minorities" with No.
The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, which sponsored the service, apologized for Koger's remarks January 23.
[ts supporters range from the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People to Prison Fellowship Ministries, a conservative Christian group run by repentant Watergate conspirator Chuck Colson.