The National Assembly Against Racism said: "By replacing the only brown character with a white-tinted doll, it looks as if the producers of the doll have reverted to racist 1950s attitudes.
What does NAAR stand for?
NAAR stands for National Assembly against Racism (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NAAR
We have 2 other meanings of NAAR in our Acronym Attic
- National Association of Adult Placement Services (UK)
- National Association of Asian Probation Staff (UK)
- Navy Aerosol Analysis and Prediction System
- National Association of Adult Protective Service Administrators
- North American Amateur Paintball Sports Association
- National Ambient Air Quality Monitoring (India)
- National Ambient Air Quality Monitoring Network (Turkey)
- National Ambient Air Quality Standards
- National Administration Apele Romane (Romanian: National Administration Romanian Waters)
- National Alliance for Autism Research
- Next Available Agent Routing
- Northern Arizona Association of Realtors (Flagstaff, AZ)
- North American Action Research Alliance
- National Asian American Republican Coalition (Bethesda, MD)
- North Atlantic Argo Regional Center (France)
- National Agricultural Aviation Research & Education Foundation
- National Association of Active and Retired Federal Employees
- Namulonge Agricultural and Animal Research Institute (Uganda)
- National Agriculture and Animal Production Research Institute
- National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
MILENA BUYUM, NATIONAL ASSEMBLY AGAINST RACISM CAPTION(S): RAPPED Judge Goldstaub upset campaigners
Milena Buyum of the National Assembly Against Racism called for the guidelines to be re-written immediately.
It is believed the National Assembly Against Racism, the body behind the conference, received hate mail which included racist abuse together with a newspaper article featuring Mrs Lawrence.
Speaking at the National Assembly Against Racism conference, she defiantly told the 200-strong audience: 'I am trying to live in hope because without hope we have nothing.
After placating his right, Livingstone turned to his left and appointed the Greens' Darren Johnson to head up environmental policy for the GLA; Lee Jasper, a radical black activist who serves as Secretary of the National Assembly Against Racism, as his liaison to the metropolitan police; and Kurnar Murshid, Chairman of the National Assembly Against Racism, as his advisor on economic regeneration.
Kumar Murshid, chairman of the National Assembly Against Racism, said: ''This sort of thing is of great concern to us because people look up to the Royal Family and expect them to set an example.