But the National Library intervened to prevent the granting of an export licence and then raised the PS48,225 purchase price with the help of contributions from The National Art Collections Fund, the Friends of the National Libraries and the Friends of the National Library of Wales.
What does NACF stand for?
NACF stands for National Art Collections Fund (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NACF
We have 6 other meanings of NACF in our Acronym Attic
- National Association of Credential Evaluation Services
- Navy Aircrew Common Ejection Seat
- North American Contract Employee Services, Inc. (Issaquah, WA)
- National Center for Scientific and Technological Information (Vietnam)
- National Centre for Scientific and Technological, Information and Documentation (Vietnam)
- National Conference on Engineering and Technology
- Northern Arizona Center for Emerging Technologies (small business assistance program)
- National Advisory Council for Education and Training Targets (UK)
- National Advisory Council on the Employment of Women (New Zealand)
- National Agricultural Cooperative Federation (South Korea; credit union)
- Native American Christian Fellowship
- Navy Air Combat Fighter
- Network Attachment Control Function
- Northumbria Army Cadet Force (youth organization; UK)
- National Association of College Funding Advisors
- North American Clun Forest Association
- National Coalition for Advanced Manufacturing
- National Council for Advanced Manufacturing
- National Advisory Council on Fitness and Amateur Sport (Canada)
- National Association of Commercial Finance Brokers
Samples in periodicals archive:
Soon after leaving his last post, as Ambassador to Belgium, he was appointed director of the National Art Collections Fund, the organisation that raises money to help British museums to buy works of art.
A deft networker, Heber Thompson facilitated the gifting of one of the gallery's masterpieces, William Nicholson's Zinnias (1911), bv the London-based National Art Collections Fund.
It was bought for the museum for a secret four-figure sum with the help of a grant from the National Art Collections Fund.
The Heritage Lottery Fund contributed significant sums, for instance, for the purchase of the Lowry and the Gainsborough, while the National Art Collections Fund was there for both the Gainsborough and the Clausen drawing.
It was bought with cash from the National Art Collections Fund and the National Fund for Acquisitions.
Grants of pounds 48,900 and pounds 15,000 from the Heritage Lottery Fund and the National Art Collections Fund respectively have ensured that the cup will stay at the hall.
Recently the National Art Collections Fund has stopped Rodin's 'The Kiss' leaving the country, and the National Heritage Memorial Fund gave GBP3m to Oxford University's Bodleian Library to try to save Mary Shelley's original 'Frankenstein' manuscript from leaving the UK, reports the BBC.