The study was based on an analysis of visits in the 2006-2008 National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey and compared performance of federally qualified health centers and private medical practices on 18 quality measures.
What does NAMCS stand for?
NAMCS stands for National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- National Advanced Materials Committee of China
- National Association of Mutual Casualty Companies (Illinois)
- Nebraska Association for Multicultural Counseling and Development
- North Alabama Managed Care Inc. (Huntsville, AL)
- Nakamura Manufacturing Company, Ltd.
- Naples Asset Management Company LLC (Estero, FL)
- National Association of Minority Contractors of Oregon (Portland, OR)
- North American Marketing Company (Manchester, CT)
- National Association of Managed Care Physicians
- National Association of Managed Care Regulators
- National Association for Maternal and Child Welfare (UK)
- National Music Competition for Young Artists (Philippines)
- National Alliance of Market Developers
- National Association of Marble Dealers
- National Association of Market Developers (Plainfield, NJ)
- National Association of Membership Development
- Naval Ammunition Depot (US Navy)
- Neutral/Alkaline Mine Drainage
- Not at My Desk (Internet slang)
- National Medical and Dental Association (South Africa)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Barnett and his colleagues analyzed nearly 850,000 ambulatory patient visits in the National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey and the National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey, focusing on the decade 1999-2009.
Reeves and his associates also wrote that surveys of health care providers, such as the National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey (NAMCS), the National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey (NHAMCS), the National Hospital Discharge Survey (NHDS), and the National Nursing Home Survey (NNHS), "complement data from the population-based surveys to provide a more complete representation of the occurrence of mental illness in the United States.
However, four National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) national survey data sets including the National Health Interview Survey (NHIS), the National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey (NAMCS), the National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey (NHAMCS), and the National Hospital Discharge Survey (NHDS) were examined for this analysis and provided useful insights into some of the end points identified in steps 1 and 2 (NCHS 2000; 2004a; 2004c; 2004d).
The results are based on a secondary data analysis using the 1992-2000 National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey (NAMCS) and National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey (NHAMCS).
The National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey profiles doctor visits in 2000 and highlights changes that have occurred in physician office practices.