The proposal supports efforts by states to reduce harmful levels of smog and soot and eases their ability to attain and maintain science-based national ambient air quality standards to protect public health, while also providing flexibilities for small businesses, including hardship provisions and additional lead time for compliance.
What does NAAQS stand for?
NAAQS stands for National Ambient Air Quality Standards
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of NAAQS in our Acronym Attic
- National Asian American Pacific Islander Mental Health Association
- North American AstroPhysical Observatory (Columbus, OH)
- North American Airlines Public Relations Association (commercial airlines)
- National Association of Adult Placement Services (UK)
- National Association of Asian Probation Staff (UK)
- Navy Aerosol Analysis and Prediction System
- National Association of Adult Protective Service Administrators
- North American Amateur Paintball Sports Association
- National Ambient Air Quality Monitoring (India)
- National Ambient Air Quality Monitoring Network (Turkey)
- National Administration Apele Romane (Romanian: National Administration Romanian Waters)
- National Alliance for Autism Research
- National Assembly against Racism (UK)
- Next Available Agent Routing
- Northern Arizona Association of Realtors (Flagstaff, AZ)
- North American Action Research Alliance
- National Asian American Republican Coalition (Bethesda, MD)
- North Atlantic Argo Regional Center (France)
- National Agricultural Aviation Research & Education Foundation
- National Association of Active and Retired Federal Employees
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ozone: Plans to tighten the National Ambient Air Quality Standards for Ozone were delayed in 2011.
Environmental Protection Agency to establish the National Ambient Air Quality Standards for five "criteria pollutants"--carbon monoxide, nitrogen dioxide, ozone, sulfur dioxide and particulate matter.
According to the sponsors, the provision would focus on particular regulations, including national ambient air quality standards for particulate matter and ozone; new source performance standards for greenhouse gases covering utilities and refineries; and prevention of significant deterioration preconstruction review permits for greenhouse gases.
EPA noted that the comment period for proposed revisions to the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) for PM will still close on April 17.