The ETASS contract provides for engineering, programme management and technical support services in support of existing and future FAA National Airspace System programmes, including NextGen initiatives.
What does NAS stand for?
NAS stands for National Airspace System
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NAS
We have 399 other meanings of NAS in our Acronym Attic
- National Accessibility Scheme
- National Account Services (various companies)
- National Accreditation Standards (Australia)
- National Achievement Scholars
- National Advanced Systems
- National Aerodynamic Simulator
- National Aerospace Standard (Department of Defense)
- National Aircraft Standard
- National Airports System (Canada)
- National Airspace Study
- National American School
- National Archives of Scotland
- National Arts Strategy (various organizations)
- National Association of Scholars
- National Association of Seadogs
- National Asthma Survey
- National Audubon Society, Inc.
- National Autistic Society (UK)
- National Automation Services (Nevada)
- Native American Spirit
Samples in periodicals archive:
Air Traffic Control Upgrade The DoD National Airspace System Modernization Program entered full-rate production.
The HOCSR upgrade has been a very solid success for the FAA and is another important step in the agency's efforts to modernize the National Airspace System infrastructure," said Sue Corcoran, vice president for North American Programs at Lockheed Martin Air Traffic Management.
The FAA is planning to re-compete its current technical assistance contract supporting the management, engineering, development, acquisition, and implementation of a particular group of surveillance systems for use in the national Airspace System.
Another milestone in the ongoing modernisation of the Federal Aviation Administration's National Airspace System has been passed with the upgrading of Denver's Air Route Traffic Control Centre, under which Lockheed Martin has replaced 14-year-old storage devices as part of its ongoing Host and Oceanic Computer System Replacement (HOCSR) programme.