Environmental Protection Agency has finalized an update to its national air quality standards for harmful fine particle pollution, including soot, a move health and environmental advocates heralded as "an important win for the American people and our environment.
What does NAQS stand for?
NAQS stands for National Air Quality Standard (UK)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NAQS
We have 2 other meanings of NAQS in our Acronym Attic
- National Air Quality Information Archive (UK)
- North American Quake League (gaming)
- Norwegian Association of Quality and Leadership
- National Air Quality Management Programme (South Africa)
- North American Quarry News (trade magazine for the aggregates, hot-mixed asphalt, and ready-mixed)
- National Air Quality Objectives (UK)
- National Association of Quick Printers
- North American QSO Party (National Contest Journal HF radio competition)
- Numerical Air Quality Prediction (system)
- Nevada Air Quality Regulation
- National Air Quality Strategy (UK)
- National Award for Quality Schooling (Australia)
- Northern Australia Quarantine Strategy
- Normalisation Quality Assurance System Information and Security
- National Academic Quiz Tournaments, LLC
- Name Authority Record (library catalogues)
- Narita International Airport (Tokyo)
- National Advertising Revenue (UK television)
- National Air Race (1920-1949)
- National Alliance for Reconstruction (Trinidad and Tobago)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A spokesman for Cardiff council said: "Cardiff, like many other towns and cities in England and Wales, has areas where nitrogen dioxide concentrations are above the National Air Quality Standard.
Areas of Newcastle, Gateshead and South Tyneside now fall below national air quality standards for toxic emissions.
Current data from TCEQ's air quality monitoring network show Central Texas meets national air quality standards for all six criteria pollutants.
As a result of increasing car use, areas of Newcastle, Gateshead and South Tyneside now fall below national air quality standards for toxic emissions such as carbon monoxide and nitrogen dioxide.
The environmental impact assessment, vetted by the Environment Agency and the borough council, said that the plant would not breach national air quality standards.