A National Adult Literacy Survey revealed that about 13% of Iowa adults function at or below 5th grade level, whereas many patient teaching materials are written at the tenth grade level.
What does NALS stand for?
NALS stands for National Adult Literacy Survey
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NALS
We have 22 other meanings of NALS in our Acronym Attic
- Native American Leadership Program (Wellstone Action; est. 2008)
- North American Labour Party (political group; Canada)
- Nacht Domain-, Leucine-Rich Repeat-, and PYD-Containing Protein 3
- National American Legion Press Association (West Seneca, NY)
- North American Liturgy Resources (est. 1970)
- Norwegian Association of Local and Regional Authorities (Norwegian: Kommunenes Sentralforbund)
- National African Language Resource Center (University of Wisconsin)
- North American Lionhead Rabbit Club
- National American Legion Riders Information Center
- National Adult Literacy Study
- National Approved Letting Scheme (UK)
- National Association of Legal Secretaries
- National Liaison Staff
- Neonatal Advanced Life Support (nursing certification)
- North American Lily Society
- Native American Law Student Association (various universities)
- North American Land Sailing Association
- National Academy of Legal Studies and Research (India)
- National Asian Languages and Studies in Australian Schools
- National Association for the Legal Support of Alternative Schools (Santa Fe, NM)
Samples in periodicals archive:
And it appears that this problem is even more widespread than most of us would have guessed; the National Adult Literacy Survey reports that 23 percent of U.
Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics, National Adult Literacy Survey.
18) And the National Adult Literacy Survey finds that 38 to 49 percent of women over 60 are in the lowest literacy level.
The data were provided by two large-scale studies conducted in the 1990s--The National Adult Literacy Survey and the International Adult Literacy Survey.
The results of a study by the National Adult Literacy survey show that almost half of the adult US population possesses low or marginal reading skills.