adults, or about 40 million people, are functionally illiterate, a National Adult Literacy Study showed.
What does NALS stand for?
NALS stands for National Adult Literacy Study
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NALS
We have 22 other meanings of NALS in our Acronym Attic
- National Association for Law Placement (Washington, DC)
- Native American Leadership Program (Wellstone Action; est. 2008)
- North American Labour Party (political group; Canada)
- Nacht Domain-, Leucine-Rich Repeat-, and PYD-Containing Protein 3
- National American Legion Press Association (West Seneca, NY)
- North American Liturgy Resources (est. 1970)
- Norwegian Association of Local and Regional Authorities (Norwegian: Kommunenes Sentralforbund)
- National African Language Resource Center (University of Wisconsin)
- North American Lionhead Rabbit Club
- National American Legion Riders Information Center
- National Adult Literacy Survey
- National Approved Letting Scheme (UK)
- National Association of Legal Secretaries
- National Association of Literature Students
- National Liaison Staff
- Neonatal Advanced Life Support (nursing certification)
- North American Lily Society
- Native American Law Student Association (various universities)
- North American Land Sailing Association
- National Academy of Legal Studies and Research (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The National Adult Literacy Study researchers found that 20% of welfare recipients reported having a physical or mental condition.