That crisis view isn't supported by the National Acid Precipitation Assessment Program, the government's own study on acid rain.
What does NAPAP stand for?
NAPAP stands for National Acid Precipitation Assessment Program
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 3 other meanings of NAPAP in our Acronym Attic
- National Association of Presidential Assistants in Higher Education (Washington, DC)
- National Association of Private Animal Keepers (UK)
- National Asian Pacific American Legal Consortium (now Asian American Justice Center, AAJC)
- Napthenic Acid and Palmitate (jellied incendiary used in bombs)
- National ADP Program for Army Material Command Logistics Management
- National Asian Pacific American Law Student Association
- North American Performing Arts Managers and Agents
- National Association for the Prevention of Addiction to Narcotics (Australia)
- National Association of Public Affairs Networks (Hartford, CT)
- Northern Adriatic Ports Area Network
- National Partnership for Quality in Health (Canada)
- National Action Plan Against Racism (Northern Ireland)
- Northwest Association for Paranormal & Anomalous Research (UK)
- North American Presbyterian and Reformed Council
- National Association for Perinatal Addiction Research and Education
- National Asphalt Pavement Association Research and Education Foundation
- National Association of Professional Accident Reconstruction Specialists
- National Association of Protection and Advocacy Systems
- National Association of Private Annuity Trusts (Irvine, CA)
- NATO PATRIOT Management Office
Samples in periodicals archive:
Aside from fixing such problems, directors of USGCRP should strive to make the results of research intelligible to Congress and other decision makers, thereby avoiding one of the key weaknesses of a major research effort of the 1980s, the National Acid Precipitation Assessment Program.
For a full decade, the National Acid Precipitation Assessment Program (NAPAP) labored at this task.
The Forest Response Program (FRP), which began in 1985 under the auspices of the National Acid Precipitation Assessment Program (NAPAP), was a precursor to this new monitoring effort.
emissions of sulfur dioxide have dropped by 30 percent, with most of the decline coming in the 1970s and early 1980s, says Derek Winstanley, director of the National Acid Precipitation Assessment Program in Washington, D.
Their joint effort, the Forest Response Program (FRP), began in 1985 as part of the multi-agency National Acid Precipitation Assessment Program.
Environment * After a decade of debate, Congress finally passed amendments to the Clean Air Act, strengthening pollution controls, stepping up the monitoring of atmospheric emissions, launching a host of research initiatives and reviving the National Acid Precipitation Assessment Program (NAPAP) (138: 277).
NAPAP: Many researchers thought the administration acted prematurely in ending the 10-year National Acid PRecipitation Assessment Program (NAPAP) this past Oct.