He exhibited at the National Academy of Design in 1864 and at the Brooklyn Art Association between 1864 and 1885.
What does NAD stand for?
NAD stands for National Academy of Design
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NAD
We have 191 other meanings of NAD in our Acronym Attic
- National Association of Catholic Youth Ministry Leaders
- National Association of Clubs for Young People (UK)
- National Arts Council of Zimbabwe
- Non-Aneurysmal Contractile Zones
- Nadir Aperture Door
- Namibian Dollar (ISO currency code)
- Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam (Indonesia)
- Nansen Arctic Drilling (program)
- National Aboriginal Day
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1918, Johnson left the rural South to study in New York at the national Academy of Design, where he was acknowledged as one of the most talented artists in his class.
Vickrey's pieces have also earned the privilege of being displayed in The Metropolitan Museum of Art, National Academy of Design, and the Smithsonian American Art Museum.
The text includes a chronology, bibliography and an interview of the artist by John Driscoll (Babcock Galleries, Palmer Museum of Art, National Academy of Design and Metropolitan Museum of Art).
As a youth, he was apprenticed to a Boston lithographer and later took evening classes at the National Academy of Design in New York, but he was primarily self-taught, his career marked by continued growth (3).