In 1989 all states and territories endorsed the National Aboriginal Health Strategy (NAHS; NAHSWP 1989), which advocated Indigenous control over the development and delivery of primary and environmental health care.
What does NAHS stand for?
NAHS stands for National Aboriginal Health Strategy
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NAHS
We have 38 other meanings of NAHS in our Acronym Attic
- National Academy of Human Resource Development
- National Association for Human Rights and Development
- National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (Washington, DC)
- Nutritional and Health-Related Environmental Studies (International Atomic Energy Agency)
- National Hydraulic Research Institute of Malaysia
- North American Human Resource Management Association (Los Angeles, CA)
- National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials
- National Animal Health Reporting System
- North American Hair Research Society
- Nursing and Allied Health Resources Section (Medical Library Association publication)
- National Art Honor Society
- North Allegheny High School (Wexford, PA)
- North American Heather Society
- North American Hyperthermia Society
- North Andover High School
- North Andover Historical Society (Massachusetts)
- Northampton Area High School (Pennsylvania)
- Northern Area Health Service (Queensland, Australia)
- National Association for Hearing and Speech Action (consumer affiliate; American Speech-Language-Hearing Association; Rockville, MD)
- National Association of Holmes Scholars Alumni (Bronx, NY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The National Aboriginal Health Strategy marks another form of watershed -- signalling that policy and program development needed to focus on strategies to develop health-care capacity.
Participation in Management A specific goal of the National Aboriginal Health Strategy was a high level of participation in health decision-making processes, both locally and in national forums.
Health status The National Aboriginal Health Strategy (NAHSWP 1989:7) described Indigenous peoples' health as the worst of any social group in Australia.
NAHSWP 1989 A National Aboriginal Health Strategy, National Aboriginal Health Strategy Working Party, Canberra.