Lorenzo Cohen and his team from the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center and Fudan University Shanghai Cancer Center examined 86 patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma, out of which 40 were randomized to acupuncture while 46 to the standard of care.
What does NPC stand for?
NPC stands for Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NPC
We have 403 other meanings of NPC in our Acronym Attic
- Non-Prototypical Beat-Timing
- Normalized Profit Before Tax
- North Pole Babes in Toyland (roller derby team)
- Notional Period B Tax (Fiji)
- Number of Perfused Blood Vessels
- Nucleate Pool Boiling Under Microgravity Experiment
- Nabtesco Power Control (Thailand)
- Nancy Poker Club (France)
- NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) Publication Control
- NASA Policy Charter
- National Packaging Covenant (Australia)
- National Paddling Committee (American Canoe Association)
- National Panhellenic Conference
- National Parks of Canada
- National Partnership Council
- National Pastors Convention
- National Pay Commission (Bangladesh)
- National Payment Card
- National Payment Center
- National Peace Council (Sri Lanka)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Oncologists, virologists, immunologists, and other researchers review the technical literature on such topics as human papillomavirus involvement in esophageal carcinogenesis, the contribution of cytological tools to the diagnosis and management of viral cancers, grammaherpesvirus and oncogenesis, the Nicaraguan experience of a voucher scheme approach to screening for cervical cancer, the forehead donor side of flaps in nasal reconstruction, viral hepatitis and liver cancer, and reports from Thailand that nasopharyngeal carcinoma is related to Epstein-Barr virus.
Recent study on nasopharyngeal carcinoma (25) showed that overproduction of cyclin D1 is dependent on activation of mTOR (mammalian target for rapamycin) signaling pathway.
Causes of symptomatic glossopharyngeal neuralgia include cerebellopontine angle tumors, nasopharyngeal carcinomas, carotid aneurysms, tonsillar abscesses, neurilemmomas of cranial nerve IX, multiple sclerosis, and Eagle syndrome.
Other associations include intrathoracic lymphoma, rheumatic diseases such as systemic vasculitis, congenital cardiac disease, nasopharyngeal carcinoma, inflammatory bowel disease, and infections such as tuberculosis, subacute bacterial endocarditis and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
The company is currently conducting a human IRB clinical study to improve treatment of nasopharyngeal carcinoma in Changsha, China.
6) Studies have shown that stress hormones like norepinephrine increase production of matrix metalloproteinases and vascular endothelial growth factor, which in turn promote the spread and growth of certain cancers (ovarian cancer, (7) nasopharyngeal carcinoma (8)).