The system of radio base stations, using Narrow-Band Advanced Mobile Phone Service (NAMPS) technology, and a WiLL Cluster Controller (WCC) digital switch will be designed and installed by Motorola.
What does N-AMPS stand for?
N-AMPS stands for Narrow-Band Advanced Mobile Phone Service
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
We have 6 other meanings of N-AMPS in our Acronym Attic
- Norfolk & Western (Railroad)
- Nuclear (or Chemical) Management Evaluation
- Receive Sequence Number
- Receive Sequence Number of Frame
- Send Sequence Number
- Send Sequence Number of Frame
- Nonoxynol9 (spermicide)
- Nishimura's Activities of Daily Living (psychogeriatric research)
- Network-Association of European Researchers on Urbanisation in the South
- Norwegian American Genealogical Association
- NACO Secretary
- National Advanced Weather Interactive Processing System
- NCEP (National Centers for Environmental Prediction) Advanced Weather Interactive Processing System (US NOAA)
- Neutral to Base
- Nucleoprotein Recombinant Baculovirus
- No Beamforming
- Non-Basic Mission Capable
- Non-Relay Cell
- Nuclear Grain Count
Samples in periodicals archive:
8 /PRNewswire/ -- Motorola's Cellular Infrastructure Group (CIG) Pan American Market Division has been awarded a contract for more than $10 million to expand digitally enhanced analog Narrow-Band Advanced Mobile Phone Service (NAMPS) in the Dominican Republic.
Sprint's Las Vegas cellular operation was the site of testing and commercial rollout of Motorola's Narrow-band Advanced Mobile Phone Service (N-AMPS) cellular system.
The alliance, the first of its kind in the cellular industry, will result in conversion of the Midwest Network to Narrow-band Advanced Mobile Phone Service.
Under the terms of the agreement, NewVector's systems in Seattle, Minneapolis and Denver will be replaced by Motorola's new Narrow-band Advanced Mobile Phone Service (NAMPS) cellular infrastructure equipment.
Developed by Motorola (NYSE: MOT), Narrow-Band Advanced Mobile Phone Service (N-AMPS) technology can triple the capacity of cellular voice channels and enhance the quality of voice transmission.