1/5/2011 SH-60F Aircraft damaged when main rotor blades impacted tree during Nap-of-the-Earth flight profile.
What does NAP stand for?
NAP stands for Nap-Of-The-Earth (avionics)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NAP
We have 298 other meanings of NAP in our Acronym Attic
- National Association of Tactical Medics (Albany, GA)
- Naval Air Ordnance Test Station (US Navy)
- Naval Aviation Ordnance Test Station (US Navy)
- Newsletter on African Old Testament Scholarship (religious study)
- North Australia Observer Unit
- Network against Oppression of Women
- New Aid Officers Workshop
- National Association Opposed to Woman Suffrage (1911-1920)
- Name, Address, Phone Number
- Napa (Amtrak bus station code; Napa, CA)
- Naples, Italy - Capodichino (Airport Code)
- National Academies of Practice (Lexington, KY)
- National Academies Press
- National Academy Press
- National Account Profile
- National Accreditation Program (ANSI term)
- National Action Party (political party in Mexico)
- National Action Plan (various locations)
- National Adaptation Plan (UN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
No details are provided about tactics employed, but depending on the type of mission, night flight, nap-of-the-earth or medium-height profiles are adopted.
During the trip, the CH-53E performed some nap-of-the-earth maneuvers and some fast flying through mountain corridors.
This includes communicating with one another in real-world scenarios as nap-of-the-earth flying conditions permit, while dealing with targets that can shoot back.