A more descriptive term for the underlying probability model would be "independent feature model" (Zhang, 2004) [FIGURE 1 OMITTED] [FIGURE 2 OMITTED] Depending on the precise nature of the probability model, naive Bayes classifiers can be trained very efficiently in a supervised learning setting.
What does NBC stand for?
NBC stands for Naive Bayes Classifiers (algorithms)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NBC
We have 396 other meanings of NBC in our Acronym Attic
- N-Butyl Benzene Sulfonamide
- Net Bulletin Board System (online discussion communities)
- Norris Bible Baptist Seminary (Fort Worth, TX)
- North Beaudesert Balance Tank (Australia; water supply)
- National Black Business Trade Association
- National Biosafety and Biocontainment Training Program (Bethesda, MD)
- North Bay Boat Works (Sausalito, CA)
- Number of Bits per Byte
- Naberevnye Chelny (Russia)
- Nagasaki Broadcasting Company (Japan)
- Namibian Broadcasting Corporation
- Narragansett Bay Commission (Providence, RI)
- Nashville Bowling Center
- National Ballet of Canada
- National Bank of California
- National Bank of Canada
- National Bank of Commerce
- National Baptist Convention USA, Inc.
- National Battlefields Commission (Canada)
- National Benefits Center (USCIS/DHS)
Samples in periodicals archive:
1 Naive Bayes classifiers Naive Bayesian networks (NB) are very simple Bayesian networks which are composed of directed acyclic graphs with only one parent (representing the unobserved node) and several children (corresponding to observed nodes) with a strong assumption of independence among child nodes in the context of their parent (Good, 1950).