1) Andre's exploits as a "secret Jew" in the resistance and then--though a Nacht und Nebel (NN) prisoner--a Kapo in the little-known Natzweiler-Struthof concentration camp are uniquely fascinating but also a compelling self-portrait of a rescuer defying time, place, and accepted criteria.
What does NN stand for?
NN stands for Nacht und Nebel (German: Night and Fog; WWII prisoners held incommunicado)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of NN
We have 17 other meanings of NN in our Acronym Attic
- New Mexico Youth Soccer Association
- North Macon Youth Sports Association (Macon, GA)
- North Mecklenburg Youth Soccer Association (now North Meck Soccer Club; Cornelius, NC)
- Neue Musikzeitung
- Northern Metropolitan Zone (Diamond Creek, Victoria, Australia)
- Numerycznej Mapy Zasadniczej (Polish: Basic Numerical Maps)
- National Museum of Zambia
- National Museum of Zimbabwe Bulawayo
- Nodal Marginal Zone Lymphoma
- New Mexico Zoological Society
Samples in periodicals archive:
We do not know how many hundreds of thousands have been massacred in Darfur because genocidal governments prefer Nacht und Nebel, Night and Fog, to hide their actions.