The remaining 10% is metabolized via the cytochrome P-450 pathway to form N-acetyl-p-benzoquinone imine (NAPQI), a potent electrophile, which is rapidly converted to a nontoxic moiety and excreted via conjugation with reduced glutathione.
What does NAPQI stand for?
NAPQI stands for N-Acetyl-P-Benzoquinone Imine
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- National Association of Peer Program Professionals
- Native American Pueblo Parent Resources (Albuquerque, NM)
- Narcolepsy Action for Positive and Practical Solutions (patient support group; UK)
- National Association for the Preservation and Perpetuation of Storytelling
- National Association of Parent Partnership Staff (UK)
- National Association of Professional Pet Sitters
- National Association of Professional Process Servers
- North American Post-Poliomyelitis Pyridostigmine Study
- National Alliance for the Primary Prevention of Sharps Injuries
- Nalts Advocates for Partnership Placement on YouTube (Kevin Nalty; comedian)
- National Agency of Public Registry (Georgia)
- National Association of Physician Recruiters
- National Association of Professional Receptionists (College Park, MD)
- National Association of Publishers' Representatives (Schaumburg, IL)
- NATO Armaments Planning Review
- Naval Activity Puerto Rico (US Navy)
- North American Purebred Registry, Inc. (Olney, IL)
- National Agricultural Pesticide Risk Analysis
- National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities
- National Association of Progressive Radio Announcers
Samples in periodicals archive:
Among them were 1,4-benzoquinone (a mutagen) and N-acetyl-p-benzoquinone imine (a hepatotoxicant also produced during acetaminophen metabolism that is responsible for overdose deaths).