5) However, contrast enhancement does not occur in Canavan disease, and the typical raised N-acetyl aspartate (NAA) peak on MR spectroscopy was absent in our patient.
What does NAA stand for?
NAA stands for N-Acetyl Aspartate (prominent peak in proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NAA
We have 256 other meanings of NAA in our Acronym Attic
- Neutrophil Antigen 1 (immunology)
- Newbury Agent 1 (virus)
- North American 1
- Newbury Agent 2
- Sodium Oxide (chemistry)
- New Artists to Radio (Australia)
- Sodium Thiosulphate (Chemistry)
- National Association of 4-H Youth Workers
- Northside Action for Justice (Chicago, IL)
- Networking After 5
Samples in periodicals archive:
Increases in mean childhood blood lead levels were associated with a decrease in N-acetyl aspartate, creatine, and phos-phocreatine levels in the basal ganglia; decreased choline (Cho) concentrations in the cerebellar hemisphere; decreased glutamate and glutamine (GLX) levels in the vermis; decreased Cho and GLX concentrations in parietal white matter; and decreased Cho concentrations in frontal white-matter.
One-way ANOVA was used to compare the P values among different regions tNAA; N-acetyl aspartate + NAAG; dipeptide N-acetylaspartylglutamate, Cr; Creatine, PCr; phosphocreatine Cho; Choline containing compound, Glx; glutamate (Glu) and glutamine (Gln); myo-inositol (mI) Table IV.