Nonsense-mediated mRNA decay or NMD is a sort of quality control mechanism used by cells to eliminate errant mRNAs that prematurely terminate these translations.
What does NIICT stand for?
NIICT stands for NMD (National Missile Defense)-ITW/AA (Integrated Tactical Warning/Attack Assessment) Integrated Concept Team
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Nikolaev Institute of Inorganic Chemistry (Novosibirsk, Russia)
- North Icelandic Irminger Current
- Northeast Indiana Innovation Center (Fort Wayne, IN)
- Northern Illinois-Iowa Conference (intercollegiate athletic conference)
- Northern Ireland Institute of Coaching (est. 1980; UK)
- Nationwide Insurance Independent Contractors Association (Arlington, VA)
- New International Instrument on Cultural Diversity (Canada)
- Not If I Can Help It
- National Indian and Inuit Community Health Representatives Organization (Canada)
- Non-Immune Immediate Contact Reactions
- National Information Infrastructure Development (various locations)
- National Institute for Intellectual Disability (Trinity College Dublin; Ireland)
- National Institute of Infectious Diseases (Ministry of Health and Welfare; Japan)
- Nederlandse Industriële Inschakeling Defensieopdrachten (Dutch: Netherlands Defence Manufacturers Association)
- Neuronal Intranuclear Inclusion Disease (neurology)
- Normally, Identically, and Independently Distributed
- New Issue Information Dissemination System (securities regulation)
- National Institute for International Education Development (South Korea)
- National Industry Issues Forum (collision repair)
- Network Interconnection Interoperability Forum (ATIS)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The NMD shaft is constructed of stainless steel with a hard chrome-plated, stainless steel, high-speed blade.
As a major incentive of a new membership program, NMD members are eligible for Smithsonian Affiliate Membership.
The management of the factory and the marketing of the products are entrusted to PT Summitplast while the technology aspect like the supply of basic materials and the maintenance of processing machines is handled by NMD.
The other was taken to a hospital in an ambulance and was in stable condition, the NMD said.
Hit to Kill, the fruit of Graham's sabbatical year, steps logically through the developments that fed into President Clinton's decision of September 2001 not to initiate deployment of the NMD system.
Contributors had a common assumption- that NMD will be deployed in a national security environment with either a modified antiballistic missile (ABM) treaty or no antiballistic missile treaty at all.