Her first mission in Nasa was to work with a crew of nine members from NEEMO 2 team 60 feet below the surface of the Atlantic Ocean as part of the Nasa Extreme Environment Mission Operations programme.
What does NEEMO stand for?
NEEMO stands for NASA Extreme Environment Mission Operations
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of NEEMO in our Acronym Attic
- New Europe East Investment Fund (UK)
- Non Energy Extractive Industry Panel
- National Environmental Enforcement Journal (National Association of Attorneys General)
- North Eastern Education and Library Board (UK)
- Network-Friendly Epidemic Multicast
- Not Even Epic Music
- New England Educational Media Association
- Northeast Energy and Mines Advisory Committee (British Columbia, Canada)
- North East Early Music Forum (UK)
- North East Equity Matching Fund (Newcastle upon Tyne, England, UK)
- National Enforcement Equipment Maintenance and Repair (USCS)
- Namibia Environmental Education Network (est. 1995)
- New England Entertainment Network (est. 1972; Dracut, MA)
- Northeast Energy Education NetCenter
- Network of European Economists Online
- Nursing Elementary Education Outreach Project
- National Energy Efficiency Program (Saudi Arabia)
- National Exercise and Evaluation Program
- Negative End-Expiratory Pressure
- Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships Inc.
Samples in periodicals archive:
He was a member of the 15th NASA Extreme Environment Mission Operations (NEEMO) team of six researchers that lived and worked underwater in Aquarius, a school bus-sized laboratory sitting on the seabed near Key Largo, Fla.
NASA astronauts have headed to the ocean floor to practice asteroid missions through NASA Extreme Environment Mission Operations.
The NASA Extreme Environment Mission Operations project (NEEMO) sends groups of NASA employees and contractors to live in Aquarius underwater laboratory for up to three weeks for studying human survival in preparation for future space exploration.