Under the terms of the contract, the company will provide research and development support for the Systems Analysis and Integration Branch in the Flight Vehicle Research and Technology Division and the Applied Modeling and Simulation and Fundamental Modeling and Simulation Branches in the NASA Advanced Supercomputing Division at Ames for the Aeronautics Research and Exploration Systems mission directorates at NASA Headquarters, Washington.
What does NAS stand for?
NAS stands for NASA Advanced Supercomputing
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NAS
We have 400 other meanings of NAS in our Acronym Attic
- National Assembly of Religious Women (various locations)
- NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) Advanced Research Workshop
- North Atlantic Right Whale
- North Atlantic Right Whale Consortium
- Nagly Atak Spawacza (Polish: Suden Attack)
- Narcotics Affairs Section (US Embassy)
- Narcotics Assistance Section
- Narrow Band Acquisition Qualifier Subsystem
- Narrowband Area Service (Australia)
- NAS Area Supervisor (FAA)
- Nassau, Bahamas - Nassau International Airport (Airport Code)
- National Academy of Sciences
- National Acceptance Scheme for CPDW (EU)
- National Accessibility Scheme
- National Account Services (various companies)
- National Accreditation Standards (Australia)
- National Achievement Scholars
- National Advanced Systems
- National Aerodynamic Simulator
- National Aerospace Standard (Department of Defense)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It's standard for the 10-year ocean simulations running today to output data sets on the order of 2 terabytes," said Walt Brooks, chief of the NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Division.
Customers such as Audi, MTU Aero Engines, NASA Advanced Supercomputing Division, Porsche Informatik, Seoul National University, Swinburne University of Technology, Tokyo Institute of Technology and Wehmeyer are running supercomputers and computer clusters on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server to handle mission-critical workloads with minimal downtime.
NASA's new SGI Altix system is expected to be installed in August at the NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) facility at the Ames Research Center at Moffett Field, Calif.