In other words, NAEP has been identifying gains that are somewhere between two and three times as large as those recorded by two respected international testing agencies that do not have a political stake in showing rising levels of student achievement in any particular country.
What does NESSI stand for?
NESSI stands for NAEP (National Assessment of Education Progress) Education Statistics Services Institute (American Institutes for Research; Washington, DC; also seen as NAEP ESSI)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NESSI
We have 1 other meaning of NESSI in our Acronym Attic
- Navy Early Supply Support/Plan
- Near Eastern Studies Student Association (University of California, Berkeley)
- New England Sanitary Supply Association (Milford, CT)
- New England Schools Sailing Association
- North East Shiloh Shepherd Association (Shiloh Shepherd Dog Club of America)
- Near Earth Simulated Space Environment
- Near Earth Space Synthetic Environment
- Network of Experts in the Social Sciences of Education and Training (EU)
- Naval Electronic Systems Security Engineering Center
- NASA Earth and Space Science Fellowship
- Networked European Software and Services Initiative
- Neutron Scintillator Tank and Silicon Ball
- Near Eastern and Semitic Studies Institute of America
- National Environmental Satellite Service Identification
- Network of Economic and Social Science Infrastructures in Europe (UK)
- New England Space Science Initiative in Education
- New European Schemes for Signatures Integrity and Encryption (EU; cryptographic project)
- North Eastern Super Soccer League (New York)
- New England Small Schools Network
- Northern English Springer Spaniel Rescue
Samples in periodicals archive:
Call an MS Navigator[R] at 1-800-344-4867 to learn more about NAEP programming in your area.
When federal testing data for fourth- and eighth-grade NAEP assessments in reading and math were analyzed, CGCS researchers found that white males who qualified for free or reduced-price lunches outperformed black males from large urban districts who did not qualify for the assistance.
As such, NAEP data provide reliable comparisons of performance among states, urban districts, public and private schools, and student demographic groups.
THE NATIONAL CENTER FOR EDUCATION Statistics (NCES), the primary federal entity for collecting, analyzing and reporting education data in the United States and abroad, recently released the findings of a report, "Mapping 2005 State Proficiency Standards onto the NAEP Scales," that speak to the difficulty in comparing No Child Left Behind test score results across states.
The study explores differences in the NAEP fourth, eighth, and twelfth grade reading scores by students' gender across the years 1992, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2002, and 2003.
This introductory guide to NAEP is designed to provide basic information for teachers, parents, and other members of the general public about the nation's premier assessment of what America's elementary and secondary students know and can do.