L-carnitine also attenuated Ang II-induced NADPH oxidase activity, reactive oxygen species formation, extracellular signal-regulated kinase phosphorylation, activator protein-1-mediated reporter activity and sphingosine-1-phosphate generation.
What does NDRD stand for?
NDRD stands for NADPH (Nicotinamide Adenosine Dinucleotide Phosphate)-Dependent Retinol Dehydrogenase
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NDRD
We have 4 other meanings of NDRD in our Acronym Attic
- National Development and Reform Commission (China)
- National Development and Reformation Commission (China)
- National Disaster Reduction Center
- Naval Drug Rehabilitation Center
- Nevada Desert Research Center
- Non Disruptive Road Crossing (engineering)
- Non-Dominant Right Coronary Artery
- National Disaster Reduction Center of China (Ministry of Civil Affairs of China)
- North Dallas Radio Control Club (Texas)
- Northern Dauphin Regional Chamber of Commerce (Pennsylvania)
- Natural Disaster Reference Database (NASA)
- Network for Drylands Research and Development (Gulf Cooperation Council; United Arab Emirates)
- Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities
- New Drug Research and Development (pharmacy)
- Non-Dopa-Responsive Dystonia (neurology)
- National Director of Rider Education (Gold Wing Road Riders Association)
- Natural Disaster Response Exercise
- Norwegian Defence Research Establishment
- North Dakota Renewable Energy Partnership
- National Defense Reserve Fleet
Samples in periodicals archive:
Nebivolol, an anti-oxidative [beta]-adrenergic receptor blocker, is reported to increased nitric oxide production in bovine aortic endothelial cells stimulated by oxidized low-density lipoprotein and to suppress translocation of NADPH oxidase-related components [p47.
NADPH is used as a reducing agent for reductive detoxification, which is essential for protection against oxidative stress, and R5P is used as a backbone for nucleotide synthesis in the highly proliferating malignant cells.
Further mechanistic studies indicated that 4-week infusion of two inhibitors of inducible nitric oxide synthase and NADPH oxidase, major free radical--generating enzymes in activated microglia, blocked nigral [alpha]-syn pathology and neurodegeneration in LPS-injected Tg mice.
This enzyme system utilizes NADPH, which is produced by G6PD.
They found the effects of the NADPH oxidase enzyme can cause life-threatening damage to the heart for patients receiving chemotherapy.
NADPH and ATP pools were also considered for biomass synthesis.